Ingredients (serves 4)
1 1/2 pounds ground chuck (80 percent lean)
Leo's Amazing! Everything Steaks, Chops and Burgers
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
4 slices American cheese (optional)
4 Potato buns, split; toasted, if desired
1. Divide the meat into 4 equal portions (about 6 ounces each). Form each portion loosely into a 3/4-inch-thick burger and make a deep depression in the center with your thumb. Season both sides of each burger with Leo's Amazing! for Steaks, Chops & Burgers
2. Brush the burgers with the oil then grill over high heat for about 3 minutes until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side.
3. Flip over the burgers and continue grilling another 3 or so minutes until slightly charred on the second side. At this point the burger should be just about medium rare. If you desire your burgers more well done add a minute or two to each side while cooking to reach desired doneness.
4. Add the cheese, if using, to the tops of the burgers during the last minute of cooking and close the grill cover to melt the cheese.
5. Sandwich the hot burgers between the buns and serve immediately